Pan Grilled Steaks with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 4 steaks, trimmed
- olive oil for brushing steak
- salt and pepper, to taste
Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container mushrooms, 8 oz.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Chateau St Jean® Cabernet Wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for one minute. In the meantime, rub both sides of the steak with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Add the oil and steaks to the hot pan and grill for 2 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to cook; turning often until internal temperature has reached 130 degrees F for medium rare. Place the steaks on serving plates and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reheat the same skillet over medium high heat for one minute. Add the oil, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes; or until they stop sizzling. Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine. Reduce the wine by 75%. Whisk in the butter until melted and sauce thickens slightly.
Enjoy with Chateau St Jean Cabernet Wine.